SORRY is a physical theatre piece that was created as a means to sensitize individuals
SORRY is a physical theatre piece that was created as a means to sensitize individuals, stir up consciousness in the hearts of the people on the power of their rights as electorates, to demand transparency and accountability from our leaders. Sorry was greatly supported by Mac Arthur Foundation and CITAD (center for information and technology development). It was first staged at Kininso International Festival of Theatre 2018. In our quest to take this sensitization/awareness piece to smaller communities, Sorry was staged at different venues such as;
• Majok Fuel station, illaje Bariga on the 14th of February 2019.
• Foot prints of David Festival (FODAF) Bariga 2018.
• Labaf 2018.
• Wole Soyinka Award for Informative Journalism.
• BRT Bus terminal Obalende bus stop Lagos Island on the 7th of March 2019.
• Kininso International Festival of Theatre on the 9th of November 2019.
The performance triggered various arguments at each locations. The issues of anti-corruption and accountability were deliberated on amongst the people.Sorry is set to tour the 36 states of the federation to further sensitize and create awareness on political train not only in one state but the entire federation. We greatly solicit for supports and collaborations to achieve this goal. Below are some links to videos of the performances and feedbacks from audience;