KiNiNso-Koncepts Productions is a Professional Young People’s Art, Theatre/Entertainment Company.
It was established with the sole aim of making statement of relevance with a deep root in research making into our culture and tradition towards innovating a creatively different performance style and a story-telling technique that will not only entertain, inform and educate but challenge our audience, ourselves as human towards nation building and the need for intellectual, physical, social and cultural development.
Through the means of dance, drama, music, movement, poetry and nature we create stories, infuse unusual elements blending with ground-breaking as well as mentally/physically energetic performance using our body as the tool for conveying messages with a strong sense of creativity and aesthetics.
Our believe and adoption of the physical and experimental theatre technique is a means of portraying Africa as a centre of social and cultural integration.
We think just beyond a theme, a venue and an audience. We carve performances that educate and enrich, creating avenue for young people to explore themselves in the arts and at the same time to pass on the gospel of theatre to the younger generations and instil moral values. Most importantly, to revive and develop the culture of theatre in Nigeria.
What we do
At Kininso-koncepts we look at situations around us and transfer them into performances (dance, drama, music, poetry, drums ensemble etc) that even the handicapped people would understand with the aid of dance, drama, music, movements and poetry making it accessible at conventional and unconventional performance spaces.
Our vision is to have a standard repertory theatre just like our foreign counterparts whose government believe in the Art as a tool for reconstruction. ‘A nation without theatre is a voiceless nation’.
- Dance Theater Performance
- Drama Directing and Performance
- Content Script Writing
- Dance and Drama Workshops/Training
- Short Film
- Re-introduce theatre to the public and preserve the expression of our culture and history through the arts.
- Using drama as a means of creating awareness and sensitizing the populace on socio-political and cultural issues.
- To be the voice that orientates, educates, and informs the world about African arts and to pass on the gospel of theatre to the younger generations imbibing peace and reconciliation.
- Organize school competitions and festivals.
- Organizing regular Workshops and professional classes for young people on development and mentorship.
- Special attention to children, training and working with school teachers to find alternative pathways to instilling knowledge in children through games and arts.
- Collaborating with interested NGOs, corporate bodies and government to promote culture as a developmental tool for young people.
- Organize training programs to equip individuals with skills to create job opportunities in entertainment and the creative industry. .
- To Train, Harness, Empower and Develop Young people with skills in Communication, Self-confidence, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Craft and Intellect.
- Community service: Regular support for street children on education and materials needed for school, widows through food/material support, and their families, seeking international platform for inter-school exchange.